In America

"In America, you don't ask for help, you demand it."

Spoken with a beautiful lilting accent by the older of the two little Irish girls in the movie "In America."

I have a new favourite quote!

So, in the spirit of the statement, can anyone swing Red a Green Card... NOW?

AirMatix said:

Red & Green? Sounds more like a watermelon to me!

redsaid said:

Actually, AirMatix, it would be more like Red & Pink. 'Cause that is the colour of a coveted "Green" Card, go figure. Must be one of those typical government idiosyncrasies.

AirMatix said:

Okay, I don't have a comeback for that one. Unless you count the naughty ones, but I don't think I'll post them in public. Anybody wanting to hear them can e-mail me ;)

do I hear sexual favor?

oooo im evil.. mwahahaha

is that only in america or towards americans (maybe even from a different continent?) as well? because if so, i might have just found out why "the man" doesn't do what i want. cos i don't demand enough..

oh ja, and the green-car-swinging-person (crossing my fingers here for you, red) is free to swing one towards germany if there's one left..

ahem - how a about a greencard in the glove compartment of the green car? ;o)

kellen said:

Linda said:

Yeah, go ahead and see what happens if you expect it in inner city New York. Get back to us after that. Oh, right. You won't be able to, because you'll be dead. Sorry.

LOVE this blog! Love the look and content and will be back again, and again, and again, and...well, you get the picture.

Boy, some of your comments are NAUGHTY!

comments
  • :: jozjozjoz :: : Boy, some of your comments are NAUGHTY!... [go]
  • Linda : funny, i think the truth is more like, "in america, you don't ask for help, you expect it." Yeah, g... [go]
  • kellen : funny, i think the truth is more like, "in america, you don't ask for help, you expect it."... [go]
  • martha : wow a green car and a green card - I'll take the car. someone else can have the card...... [go]
  • kim : ahem - how a about a greencard in the glove compartment of the green car? ;o)... [go]
  • kim : is that only in america or towards americans (maybe even from a different continent?) as well? becau... [go]
  • pylorns : oooo im evil.. mwahahaha... [go]
  • pylorns : do I hear sexual favor?... [go]
  • AirMatix : Okay, I don't have a comeback for that one. Unless you count the naughty ones, but I don't think I'l... [go]
  • redsaid : Actually, AirMatix, it would be more like Red & Pink. 'Cause that is the colour of a coveted "Green"... [go]