Nightmare!

Brace yerselves, because I've just remembered... last night I dreamed that I EXERCISED! Whoa!

No kidding.

I was on the treadmill and I was FLYING. No huffing and puffing, no sweat, no fatigue, no cramps or aches or pains.

In fact, in my dream (nightmare?) I had so much energy, I remember walking to every single one of the tracks on a 90-minute long CD and then I just KEPT ON GOING!

Yeah, right. Only in my dreams.

Anyway, I do have an idea as to what's caused this very disturbing dream, but I still would like to know what it means. Are there any dream-symbolism experts among one of you, my three loyal readers?

And even more importantly than that: can the dream be counted as real exercise?

(Take note: I'll be ignoring overlooking any answers boiling down to "no.")

Hooray! In that case, I'm done for the day!

Time for reclining and coffee and Dr. Phil and Oprah.

i think it TOTALLY counts as exercise, as long as I was there next to you and flying on the stairstepper or something equally challenging... I was, right? So it's okay to have three cupcakes for dessert?

Zinke said:

I'm not an expert, but the guys at wordiq.com have an interpretation! (http://www.wordiq.com/dream/exercise.html)

Interpretation: To dream about exercising is an omen of good luck if you enjoyed it. But if was tiring or unpleasant, the dream is a warning to avoid forcing any issues - don't push or try to get an answer out of someone for a few weeks. Also see "Treadmill."

i read a study somewhere that said that when you think about exercise as opposed to not thinking about exercise, you burn more calories...

kdeweb said:

Okay, I have got to join the dream gym that you belong to cuz that is the ONLY way I'm gonna do it! :)

were you covered in sweat when you woke up? - in that case a definite YES and thumbs up!

no sweat whatsoever? aehm, red, in that case i'd probably have to say NO, doesn't count. sorry.

but also - "go rehed, go rehed, go rehed"...

Amber said:

I also read somewhere that visualizing exercise can actually tax your muscles, but despite mad googling, coulnd't find the article for you, sorry!
The trick to exercise is to not actually do things that feel like horrible, boring exercise. I hate hate hate treadmills, running, I don't have the coordination to do anything complicated like step class or gravevines. I used to go to a gym at lunch and lift weights, and do kickboxing at night, but have since taken up taekwondo. Ohmigoodgod, it kicks ass! Not only is it amazingly fun and a great stress release (pummeling people and things is just plain fun after a hard day), but my butt is in a different place now (i.e., higher, smaller, compact and round) and I actually have ab muscles that are visually discernible. It's a miracle! It's also addictive --- I train six days a week for at least an hour. My kids take class, my husband takes class, and somehow it helps me to be more patient with all of the men in my life. And I don't have to be quite so strict with diet and the like. That is why I have to proselytize. Amen, I have seen the light.