Blog Neglect

Hey, you guys?

Come back here!

Yeah, you and you and... mmm, we seem to have lost the other one.

I know I've been quiet lately (and note that I didn't receive any complaints about that from any of my three loyal readers.* I'm sooo touched, y'all!), but there is a good - actually, an excellent - explanation for it.

As part of these ongoing pre-birthday (which is now sneaking up on me MUCH TOO QUICKLY!) surprises of the past few months (like: the surprise trip to South Carolina and another huge thing which I haven't even had time to tell you about yet) one of my three sisters arrived in the States last week for an impromptu visit!

Yes, my very own flesh and blood. Well, even though she is much prettier, skinnier, better dressed, more talented than I could ever dream of "growing up" to be... So no one seeing us together would ever guess that we had both sprouted from the same family tree.

Actually, now that we mention it, I seem to be of much sturdier stock than any of my sisters. They are all petite and gorgeous and well... I look like their body guard. (Not that it seems to matter, since nobody ever notices me past their dazzling looks anyway.)

Where were we? Oh, right. She is gorgeous. And she is here! In the very next room, just a few feet away from me!

It's been three years since anyone from my family has been so close to me! And it feels more wonderful than I can express...

Unfortunately she won't be staying until my birthday (flights to and from South Africa are packed), but for now, I'm not thinking about saying goodbye again on Saturday. Okay, fine... I am, I can't help it. But I supress the feeling as quickly as I can.

We've certainly stayed occupied enough! Running around and shopping, shopping, shopping... (She, not me. I don't possess much of a shopping gene. My sisters, yet again, got my share. Oh, books are the exception of course. I can't resist a book.) And amidst it all I'm just soaking up being with her.

See? Told you it was going to be a good explanation!

I promise to be back soon. Please don't feel too neglected? And please don't leave for good!

* Yes, this site only has three loyal readers. And two of those readers are immediate family.

hun, that certainly is a good explanation. and i'm back here to check frequently anyways - if you like it or not ;o)

you have a great time with your sis and tell her hello from good old germany!

am i one of those loyal red-ders? Because i'm here almost every day but didn't want to pester you saying WHERE ARE YOU????

I'm here... waiting for more stories. A teaser like that and you're going to make us wait until Saturday or Sunday, aren't you? hrmph!

Annika said:

I don't know whether I could be accused of loyalty, but I have been reading your site regularly since it first came to be. I am just totally crap about leaving comments, especially for people who don't know me because that makes me feel like a creepy stalker.

Hi!

Casey said:

gee...I've never felt worse about not checking a site everyday....But I think your reason for not posting is most excellent......having family around is always fun....I'm so excited for you!

i feel neglected.

emily said:

I know that part of your problem is that you aren't pinging blogrolling when you post. If you go to their ping page and ping manually I bet you'd get more people coming around.

kellen said:

can i apply to be a loyal reader?

the_jush_one said:

I want to be loyal but I cant read

Cat said:

Hi! I guess I wouldn't count as a loyal reader since i don't even read my own blog much, but I like yours and read it often! :)