I would like the one who pulled the trigger

| | Comments (13) | TrackBacks (1)

I know this is mostly old news already (see why a procrastinator couldn't possibly make a good reporter?), but for the benefit of at least one of my now-officially-down-to-two readers (what's happened to the rest of you? Oh, right. Me. In that case, please continue about your business of ignoring me) who lives abroad in the same planet that I once came from, I've decided that this story bears repeating.

A dog belonging to some guy in Florida had a litter of puppies.

So this IDIOT* took his gun and decided to kill the unwanted litter. The bastard* killed three of them, and then, as he was picking up his next two innocent victims, the one pup started writhing around in his arms, causing the gun to go off and hitting the creep* in the wrist!!!!

GOOD DOG!

(Personally, I think our heroic pup should've aimed a little lower, but hey, considering age and experience, that wasn't bad at all.*)

The surviving doggies and their mom are now safe in a shelter. Apparently the guy will face charges (as he very well should!), but here's what's very disturbing: on the news they said he might actually get the mom back!!!! Whaaaaat?

Anyway, those puppies are ADORABLE. And I think at least one of them would make an excellent police dog.

*A few other reasons why I wouldn't make a good newspaper reporter anymore.

1 TrackBacks

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: I would like the one who pulled the trigger.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://www.redsaid.net/mt-tb.cgi/6

» dog shoots man from electric bugaloo dot com

OK, so I recently heard about this story at Redsaid's, and then later at Incoherent Babbling... it's about a dog... Read More

mikey said:

that's just... sad. sad that he killed three puppies. sad that he didn't die.

Sweety said:

Awww. I can't imagine how anyone could kill a puppy.

Yay for the hero dog! :)

Dariana said:

Thanks so much for the link here. This is very interesting. By now you may be resting and I await the "rest of the story". :-)

those terms you chose to refer to the guy - very nice and perfect picks. and did you realize the obviously more than 2 comments from the obviously more than 2 readers... ;o)

I"m a dog lover as well but, at the risk of controversy, I can kind of understand some of the idea -if the only choices in his head were put the dogs on the street or shoot them then he was probably doing them a favor... BUT he should have thought of that beforehand and spayed his dog. Nothing makes it right to shoot a little puppy.

Did the news say whether they'll spay the dog before they give her back? I'd hope they'd at least do that.

Bear said:

I agree with Martha. People should spay and neuter their pets so this kind of problem doesn't repeat. The guy should have taken the puppies to a shelter first- last resort would be Euthanasia. Good shot pup! Puppy Power!!!

Red,you make a good storyteller. :)

shaunacat said:

I fking HATE people who are cruel to animals, or to anyone/anything that cannot speak for itself!! Just makes me furious.

*sigh* Yeah, I was the kid that wanted to take every stray animal home with me. Big heart leads to big tears, you know!

MJ said:

My son just told me about this story. He said that a puppy got his paw on the trigger and the man got shot in the wrist. He was so happy! Now I know for sure that he was telling me a true story and not an embellished one!

mikey said:

i can see what you're trying to say, martha... but putting the dogs on the street wasn't his only other choice. i don't see why the guy couldn't just take them to a shelter (which is where the survivors are right now).

kellen said:

i read that story and was thoroughly disgusted. he was shooting them "because he couldn't find homes for them". um, hello! check out the local shelter, dumbass!

Cherryflava said:

Hi Red

No...this email address is one of those antispam thingies....so you'll have to get me at the usual place.

Your interesting question inspired a blog promotion article on my site. If you're interested, go check it out.

Mikey - I know that there are other options but sometimes, in the heat of worry or stupidity or whatever people get so fixated that they only see one way out - and that might be what happened. Not that it's right at all, shooting puppies just can't be...

the_lush_one said:

HEY two readers in here quit changing your name and posting again and again.