Wedding Belle

In honour of her wedding today, allow me a moment of shameless and mushy sentimentality to quote my current favourite love poem:

"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."

-- William Butler Yeats

Congratulations, Emily and KW!

nadine said:

yeats was a pure genius! i love that poem :)

mushy mushy mushy....but I'm sending mushy best wishes too...

Annika said:

I just allowed a girly squeal to escape my lips (I'm so ashamed). I absolutely love that poem, and printed it on the programs at my wedding. We both wanted to have someone read it during the ceremony, but we don't know anyone who can read poetry properly.

Congrats to Emily and KW!

whoa, they got married? last time i read they split up. Damn! shows how much i keep up with her blog. Anyway , WB yeats is muh fav. poet.

btw, that poem was used in the movie Equilibrium.

Casey said:

(didn't Em make the most beautiful bride?)

comments
  • Casey : That has always been my favorite love poem too..... gosh I think I'm gonna cry.....excuse me (didn'... [go]
  • pylorns : btw, that poem was used in the movie Equilibrium.... [go]
  • pylorns : whoa, they got married? last time i read they split up. Damn! shows how much i keep up with her bl... [go]
  • Annika : I just allowed a girly squeal to escape my lips (I'm so ashamed). I absolutely love that poem, and p... [go]
  • martha : mushy mushy mushy....but I'm sending mushy best wishes too...... [go]
  • nadine : yeats was a pure genius! i love that poem :)... [go]