In an attempt to find a bright side, hold it directly under the sun

To all heart-broken Kerry fans, I, your humble servant in blogging, Redsaid the First, and, so far, the only... Unless someone somewhere has, for obscure reasons which are beyond me, taken the time and trouble to copy this blog (it's been known to happen, after all) and its contents, perhaps even translating it into another language.

And if someone did, then all I can say is: "I really hope you took only the best parts to translate."

To which they might say, in their language of course, but the surprise in their voice will be universally understood: "Best parts? There were best parts to take?"

At which time I'd ignore them and simply say: "Why me?" But not in a whiny, oh woe, why hast this befallen me kind of way; more in a genuinely perplexed way, like this: "No really, why me when there are so many greatly eloquent bloggers out there?"

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, so me, Redsaid the blah blah blah... oh, there we are: Kerry supporters, I feel that it is my duty to at least try and cheer you up today.

Thusly, let's consider this:

Now parents with inarticulate children of seemingly average intelligence can continue to say to their kids: "You can be anything you want to be in life, even President" and actually be telling the truth for once.

And, I promise you, starting tomorrow, 2008 will be one whole day closer.

marie said:

the first person to make me laugh ever since last night.

will you marry me? or at least be my new best friend.

Annika said:

Oh, Red. How I do adore you.

redsaid said:

Marie, are you an American citizen? If so: YES! Yes, yes, yes! I accept your marriage proposal and really, it will be all about the love and have nothing whatsoever to do with my slight but quite urgent need for a Green Card.

And Annika darlin'... you're not so bad yerself, you know.

M said:

It's a very sad day today. But you're right, tomorrow we'll only have what 1459 days of Bush left.

TimT said:

And, I promise you, starting tomorrow, 2008 will be one whole day closer.

Why not start today? Be optimistic!

Caren said:

I'm looking forward to '06 when we take Congress back! Because in about 6 months people who voted for Bush are going to realize the mistake they made and will elect the people who will have the power to block the insanity that he is.

While I'm here and too lazy to go to my inbox and email you, Red:

I invaded PJLB's space and edited my post-election fable, with correct spelling and grammar because unlike Dubya, I do know better, (but the original was copied and pasted from an AIM conversation in a hurry) and also I put the moral of the story at the end of it. ;)

And btw: Loved your little pick-us-up. :)

*mwah*

Iris said:

=) yay optimism. i think we need it (i'm not from the us but it has such a big influence on the rest of the world i think EVERYONE needs optimism.. lots of it otherwise you're screwed)

Helen said:

But Red-there are now only 39 states where you CAN marry Marie. So pick wisely!

If I get English citizenship, I'll give you my American passport. Er...can you wait 4 years?

Betsy said:

Oh Red, that is the only thing I have laughed at since Tuesday. Thank you!