Question of the Day... and speak up, child, for I can't hear you!

After experiencing a strange type of popping sound in my right ear for the past few weeks (and not just whenever I shake my head anymore) and dealing with it in the same way I deal with all my problems (in other words: ignoring it), I woke up with a tremendous ear ache yesterday.

So yes, it's probably an ear infection. At least that's the diagnosis issued by my personal physician, the Time/Life A - Z Medical Encyclopedia. And who am I to argue with such authority?

However, one very important question not answered by that otherwise all-knowing publication, is this:

If I end up going deaf in this one ear (which, according to the encyclopedia, is just a matter of time now), will I still need surround sound stereo systems? Or will the mono setting on the radio and one speaker be sufficient for a person who can only hear out of one ear?

And by the way (and yes, I realize that this is more than one question, don't nitpick!): what do you call a person who can only hear out of one ear? A half-deaf?

Or is calling someone 'deaf' unheard of nowadays?

Natalie said:

You did NOT write "Or is calling someone 'deaf' unheard of nowadays?" DUDE, that pun made me laugh my ass off.

Jake said:

You better sign up for lip-reading classes ASAP.

Annika said:

How can we POSSIBLY answer your questions when you don't tell us which is the afflicted ear?!

Hm ... you know, I never really thought about that, Red!

I'm half-deaf in my left ear ... so would that make me a quarter deaf?

there is this thing called a doctors office. I highly suggest going.

MJ said:

I would still go for the surround-sound stereo system. You may not be able to get the full effect, hearing-wise, but you will still look cool.
A person who can only hear out of one ear? Easy. That would be a HUSBAND.

kimberly said:

What do you know. We employ the same problem management system! ;)

TimT said:

M.J., if a husband only hears in one ear, then maybe you should get two husbands??!

Could it be that this is the solution to all the marital problems in the western world?

Ms. Pants said:

You. Did. Not.

Holy shit.

I adore you.

(Natalie, see? SEE??? It's not only me!)

TimT said:

"DUDE, that pun made me laugh my ass off."

... Must - restrain - urge - to - make - a - half-assed - joke...

you people are so funny. i'm so busy i didn't make it here for a few days but i'm glad to be "back" and get my daily dose of stupid-giggling-at-monitor ;o) oh and red, i think pylorns does actually have a point.. hope you're better..