Limesick

Limesick, definition: A limerick composed by an ill person in an attempt to amuse herself. The result is that the limerick also suffers greatly, and therefore ends up being quite lame.

A girl named Red once had the flu
It made her cough and wheeze and achoo
This ailment so strained her
From colour it drained her
Even her eyes are no longer blue

A musical girl suffered a curse
She said: "I really ought to see a nurse."
She coughed a cadenza
Nurse said: "Influenza!"
"Don't call the ambulance, call the hearse!"

And lastly:

A gal once had a terrible cough
But the doctor did nothing but scoff
When she hacked up her lung
And then spit up her tongue
The doc used the lot to make broth

Bear said:

Red Dahling,
Even when your sick,your still great.

miked said:

limesick? nah, it wasn't. It wasn't lame at all...err well maybe just a little... but entertaining to me anyways so it's not just amusing yourself.

If those computer nerds of the world could just invent some way of sending more than just data over the internet I'd concoct up some home made turkey soup. Hey, I might even don a radiation suit and give ya a warm hug... but sadly this innovation has yet to be invented.

I wish you well

btw. Is it just me or does the word concoct sound dirty? (insert girlish laughter here)

Renier said:

Hey dit was nogal goed gewees!

ViVi said:

Perhaps the last one is not recommended while actually eating soup. ;) Other than that, very clever, and I hope you're feeling better very soon! :)

Cherryflava said:

Get better soon.

While our Red suffered in Bed
I have been stricken with Dread
It appears to me
That this rotten lur-gy
Has rendered her stuffed in the head.

*cheesy grin*

comments
  • deeleea : While our Red suffered in Bed I have been stricken with Dread It appears to me That this rotten lur-... [go]
  • Cherryflava : Are you still sick? Hmmmm..will send some chicken soup electronically from here. Get better soon.... [go]
  • ViVi : Perhaps the last one is not recommended while actually eating soup. ;) Other than that, very clever,... [go]
  • Renier : Hey dit was nogal goed gewees!... [go]
  • kim : well, I think that broth-recipe sounds a little nasty. but that's just me.. get well there. *hugs*... [go]
  • miked : limesick? nah, it wasn't. It wasn't lame at all...err well maybe just a little... but entertaining t... [go]
  • Bookstore Diva : Red Dahling, Even when your sick,your still great.... [go]
  • Bear : Sounds yummy! :) Such a festive broth. Get well soon little Red. Thanks for the limesicks.... [go]