Two Bloggers with One Stone

Not all female bloggers are 'real-life' scary like I am!

I gained this rather depressing insight on Saturday night, when a certain Bad Kitty finally strutted into town after several noble-but-unsuccessful attempts to do so earlier last week (Damn this Maryland Transportation Authority and all their confusingly criss-crossing train tracks leading to all sorts of obscure places, except to those places where you really want to go!) and thus my cover's been blown.

Luckily she's been sworn to secrecy. If she dares to disregard her life-long gag order, the catnapping of the century will take place at her home in Michigan.

Anyway, the girl is GORGEOUS! And SKINNY! And COOL! And FUNNY!

And she was sweet enough not to recoil in horror the moment she met me.

Now I can FINALLY say that I've met another blogger!

But I've made up for lost time, because Stacy immediately introduced me to another cool, gorgeous, smart and funny blogging chick. And she's from right here in Baltimoremoremore!

Oh, it was a lovely night, this meeting of the bloggers.

There were bears, and beers, and bearsandbeers, and talking (also, briefly, on the cell phone, to her) and laughing (LOTS of laughing!) and cigar smoking.

There was a car trip, a misunderstanding, an ID check (we were carded! No, let me rephrase that: I also managed to get carded, despite being next to Miss Fountain of Youth herself! (Yes, she really is THAT gorgeous!) I never thought I'd see the day/night again, so whoo-hooooooooo! And yes, I've just realized that my excitement about being carded is yet another pitiful and sure sign that I'm getting really old).

Then there were even more introductions and at least two more realizations that the world's population might not be quite as large as we've been led to believe. I refuse to say that it's a small world, because if you've ever found yourself on a trans-Atlantic flight, then you KNOW that the world isn't small. In fact, then you know that the world is really quite, quite large.

Anyway, it was fantastic to meet and/or talk to all of you.

May we all have a speedy reunion!

P.S. Oh, and the cherry on top of all of this is that I came home to discover a voice message from my very own blogging benefactress! Thanks, Em! I'm sorry I missed your call.

I know some bloggers outside Charm City if you ever want to be in touch with them...

Lisa said:

Gorgeous? Me? You lie SO WELL!

I had a wonderful time meeting everyone Saturday and we'll have to do it again sometime!

And all your secrets are safe with me... ;)

i'm jealous. maybe i should start looking around the german blogging world to get the chance for get-togethers like that *powding*

Christine said:

Hey Red! I was very surprised and pleased to talk briefly with you. Wish I had more time to stay and chat, maybe next time. I absolutely love your accent, girl!

Cheers!

Ooooh I want to come too!!! Not fair

Right... The next blog meet's at my place... come over for the weekend... not much room to spare but if you don't mind the sofa...

[stomps off to sulk at missing all the fun]

mcbk said:

Oh, Red ... how you flatter me so.

You're not too shabby lookin' yourself, ya know.

It was a pleasure meeting and hangin' out with you and your man, and just so you know:

That was the first time since I turned 26 that I was carded!!

I shit you not.

Anyhoo, I've got business to take care of up here in the Great White North (a.k.a. "Fake Canada" ... thank you Lyn for that one) but you can bet your White Ass that I'll be in touch shortly.

Thank you for your friendship, and all your support.

*raises glass of Blogger's Milk*

To the Internets! L'Chaim!

Bookstore Diva said:

Red Dahling,
I feel so left out. I never get carded anymore. In fact I was so offended the last time that it did happen. I think the bouncer did it to humor the old girl. We were not amused.