HEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Anyone? Please help?

As I'm typing this, I'm being spammed to death. As in, one unsolicited, vile !@#$%^&* spam per every 30 seconds or so. Really, I'm not kidding.

Oh, my Spam police are SO fired.

I used to wield off the spammers by merely going into the comment e-mail (in this case, Horde) and then just clicking on the MT-Blacklist link from there. Once at Blacklist, I could then delete and blacklist comments and trackbacks to my heart's content.

Since early this morning, however, every time I got to the MT-Blacklist site and kindly and oh-so-willingly offered up a spam for them to kill, they diss me with the following error message: "Could not save your blacklist data: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes."

Uhhh, what?

So, now I'm stuck. I can't kill them as they're coming in, so now they're coming in as if I don't even have a blacklist.

PLEASE help! Because as you can see, after nearly a year of blogging, I'm STILL clueless about these more technical aspects of it!

On the bright side...

... at least now I kinda know what it feels like to be one of those bloggers who get a comment every few seconds.

Who am I kidding? Getting flooded with spam is NOTHING like being flooded with fan mail!

So, please help?

Yours in complete desperation,
Red.

Update: Redsaid's resident Web Goddess, Emily, FIXED it! Thank you, oh my personal heroine for taking the byte out of the spam!

Red Dahling, I wish I could help, I am as clueless ass you are. Is there an online support thing? I was starting to wonder about the "video anal sex" thing.

emily said:

I fixed it for you. It turns out that your blacklist had too many duplicate entries, so I deleted it and reloaded it. Got rid of about 1000 superfluous entries. So... all under control now. Kill spam, babe.

eKapa said:

emily: u're hired ;-)

yay for spam killers!!!

Evil Spam.

kat said:

someone should invent an anti-spam spray...just spray it on your computer and watch spammers fall dead...ya know, something like raid.

Annika said:

As your fan, I have clearly been lax in my commenting. I promise to be better! (Oh, who am I kidding? I never keep my promises. But I do love you!)

miked said:

well I'm glad to see you got everything all fixed up. Me? I'm leaving MT for good. *crosses arms and sticks out bottom lip*

That's right, I'm fed up. I have a moxie girl working on moving me to EE

I'm so excited.... Eeeeeeeee (that's me screaming like a school girl)

food junkie said:

What does spam stand for?
Special Personal Amorous Messages?!!!!