Red's definition of a vacation

In case you've been wondering why I've been so quiet, or even (and more likely) if you haven't been wondering (then too bad, 'cause I'm going to tell you anyway): I've had an unexpected vacation!

Now you're probably wondering how on earth one can have a vacation when the immigration limbo one has been stuck in for many years and which requires one, by law, to do nothing that could be even loosely defined as work and therefore results in one's life to resemble a continuous vacation anyway, right?

Well, the answer is twofold, yet simple: Firstly I'd tell you that your wonderings are far too verbose and confusing and that you really ought to try and cut it shorter in future.

Secondly, I'd tell you that why, it's all quite simple really! In order to get a vacation from a life spent in perpetual holiday mode, one travels to distant places.

And since I've been in dire need of a vacation from my vacation, I took one.

And I'm planning to tell you all about it in the greatest detail. For now, however, I need a rest.

Because I had NO IDEA that taking a real vacation could make one so tired!

P.S. Returned to a glorious 2,998* e-mails in my comments/trackbacks inbox! Thought I had been Dooceded (can't say "Dooced", because that, of course, means 'to be fired from one's work because of one's weblog.' And not even the likes of me can manage to get fired without actually being employed in the first place, blog or no blog).

So "Dooceded" (pronounce: DOOO- CEEEEEDED) in this case means "becomes overnight blogging sensation, complete with media coverage and thousands of actual readers.")

But alas, my "fanmail" turned out to be just more blasted spam. And in case you've been suspecting me of exaggerating the amount of spam I receive (MOI? EXAGGERATE OR EMBELLISH FACTS?!?!? NEVER EVER EVEEEERRRR!), please refer to the sidebar at the left of these scribblings and see "The Opiniated." I assure you, although I have been known to receive comments from folks with blogging names like "Mice" and "Maison Pants" and "Vit 'n' Madge" and "Claypot" and "Cherryflava" and "Bookstore Diva" and "Pylorns" and "Cooksister" and "Fricative" and "Mikedup" and "Will Type For Food" and "Annika" and "Kim" and "Deeleea" and "Martha" and "Emily" and "Helen" (Okay, so those last six aren't so strange at all, but they're foreign (Martha, darling, you weren't born here, and Helen lives in England now, and Em and Annika, you're from Texas and L.A. respectively, so enough said) and everyone knows that being foreign automatically ups the weirdness factor); I really do NOT have readers named "Party Poker", "Blackjack" or even "Online Pharmacy."

*While I was busy trying to delete the spam, the number of spam mails actually climbed to over 3,000! I give up!

Is it any wonder then that I already feel in need of another vacation?

Annika said:

Actually, dear, it's worse than that! I live in LA, but I'm from New York! So I'm a total weirdo.

marsh said:

And I'm one of Annika's weird internet friends who is totally jealous that you got to hang out with her and I didn't. But she's going to bake me a cake.

Red Dahling,
How wonderful to see that you've come back. I was worried that you had gotten yourself a pink & green card and left us for good. I was so bored, that I had to post in my own blog. Imagine that.

Natalie said:

So where did you go?

TimT said:

And here I was, thinking your were hiding behind the Frangipani tree...

Cherryflava said:

Get them Red. Hunt them down and bring justice back to the web.

HEY! I'm from Texas too!

Ahh yes, I am a stranger in a strange land. hehehehe and I've traveled to strange countries too.

so sorry that you've been attacked by the spam. I've been getting it too. ugh.

anan said:

There's nothing like work to take the ease off a really strenuous vacation, Red. Here's hoping that yer green card troubles get unsnarled soon