Thanksgiving

In this case, it's a bit of a belated Thanksgiving (as usual!).

Confused?

About a week ago (shame on me for waiting so long to acknowledge it!), I opened the front door and was greeted by a parcel from this lovely place. I almost didn't even look at the name on it, just naturally assuming that it was something that the boy had ordered for himself, but luckily my curiousity got the better of me and so imagine my joy when I saw MY name on the label!

This lovely boy had sent me the most longed for item from my wish list!

Thank you, Mike! That sweet and completely unexpected gesture has really made my month!

Apart from that lovely gift, I've also been receiving an amazing amount of support and words of encouragement through phone calls and e-mails from some of you to help me navigate these rough waters I'm going through at the moment. (For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, please be patient, I promise that you will find out soon enough. Don't worry though, although recent events in my life have been rather dramatic, it's nothing as serious as a death or an illness.)

Since today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S., I thought that it would be an appropriate time to say: "Thanks!" And: "You don't know how touched I am and how much your kindness means to me."

Blogging may be rather sparse for the next month, to which I hear you ask: "Oh, so what's new?"

Seriously though, I promise that for a change, I have a far better excuse for my silence than merely being The World's Laziest Blogger.

Thank you very much for sticking with me, and for your patience and unbelievable kindness.

P.S. Another thing to be grateful for: A dear friend took me to see "RENT" last night and although some of the songs from the broadway musical have been cut from the film (a time issue, methinks), the translation from stage to screen was, in my humble opinion, a very huge success. And yes, I did indeed manage to restrain myself from singing along, but I can tell you, it was REALLY difficult! So today I'm basking in the glow of my crush on Jesse L. Martin (who plays Tom Collins and whose smile lights up the screen) and the fact that it snowed when we left the movie theatre!

Here's "To days of inspiration, playing hookey, making something out of nothing, the need to express - to communicate, to going against the grain, going insane, going mad!"

happy thanksgiving, red. you know i'm always here and always thinking of you... sending hugs across the ocean :)

Red Dahling,
Happy Turkey day. It's thirsday,are we still on for tonite ?

Alley_uk said:

Happy Thanksgiving Red hun (although admittedly this is a little lost on me :-))

Just wanted to remind you to keep your chin up, your boobs out and your spirits soaring. For every tough step, you're one closer to easier times.

Just imagine had well built your character will be after this :-)

Alley

it was a toss up between the ferrari or that... I'm glad I picked the right one!

At least I've done something right this month. :)

happy thanksgiving red.

Red said:

Ah, this would be the recently blog then. Hello, spooky south african/american twin! :\

Red Dahling,
Drunk blogging again?

Miss Lisa said:

No idea, but hope your thanksgiving was great anyway!

Autumn said:

*hugs*

seems like it's been a rough unblogable month for many of us... my thoughts are with you.