Still alive

But will I survive?!?

Yeah, probably. Only the good die young, after all, right?

Thank you very, very, very much to everyone (more than five! Who KNEW that I had more than five readers? I certainly didn't!) who replied to the behind-the-scenes e-mail I'd written to explain why I'm more quiet than usual.

To those of you who are blissfully unaware of what I'm going on about (as usual) and who wish to be relieved of your state of bliss and ignorance, drop me a line or two (okay, one will do) and I'll send the much coveted (fine, but a girl can dream) explanatory e-mail to you too!

To those of you who for a welcome change DO know what I'm going on about this time, I'll just say that I'm doing... okayish. My moods (de)range from erratic highs to devastating lows. Oh, right. That's normal for me.

Seriously though, this is probably the most difficult thing I've EVER had to do (which yes, makes me pretty lucky, I guess), and I just want to say that your e-mails of encouragement (and even a Christmas card, from her and her love!) have been helping to get me through this. I wish your e-mails could also help me pack (those of you who can't remember how difficult it is for me to move, see this), but for now I'm content to take all the words of encouragement I can get!

So thanks.

Michelle said:

Red - blessings during these last few days of throwing stuff into packaging... It can be a hard, heartsore time, but also one of anticipation. Know you're in my thoughts and prayers! :)

mac said:

Don't worry, it'll all be good.

You know, it's a shame that I can't, let's say, trade my citizenship to you. Sometimes I'd gladly give it up and go live elsewhere. *evil grin*

Seriously, not to worry.

Lisa said:

You'll be fine. You're a strong, beautiful woman and I think you'll be okay. If not, kick 'em in the dangly bits, 'cause that'll sure make you feel better!

It was seriously a pleasure meeting you! I wish you all the best, honey! :-*

Vanessa said:

Too bad I'm not near Baltimore. I helped my friend pack for a year for England. She had 50 pairs of shoes, which we had to cut down to ten because that's how many would fit in the small suitcase she bought for them, then there was the ordeal of trying to fit her entire wardrobe into a medium-large suitcase. If she was 50 pairs of shoes, imagine how much clothes she had! I think that we decided that she could buy her shampoo and like things when she arrived in London!

But yeah, you'll get it done don't worry!

Vivi said:

Oh my dearie! I've been thinking about you ever since I got that email (actually responding to emails has never been my strong suit!). I know what you're doing is gonna be difficult at first, but I think President Bartlet said it best: "What's next?" Look forward; I know good things are coming to you! :)

Sigh,

Wish I was there to help, mop up the tears, beat up the lawyer...

All the best for the reunion though.

Thinking bout you lots...

TimT said:

Keep a close eye on things like socks or favourite books. They are sly things, and tend to slip away unnoticed while you are packing other things.

And take care.

sending lots of happy packing vibes... and good luck vibes and YAYAYYYY vibes that you can find the joy and stay with the highs rather than the lows...

Ah so sad. Well I expect to have an open invitation at your place....

ensurt said:

I wish I could find something clever to say to you. Sending positive vibrations your way. Do not delete your blog (the other entries are gone!) without prior notice!!!!!

kyknoord said:

It'll be fine. Years from now you'll look back at this and laugh. We'll probably be sharing a padded cell, so I'll remind you.

red, i'm thinking of you and please call me any time you want. i should be at the house tomorrow night after 5 pm for sure so if you wanna chat or rant or just youknow - call! i'm so curious of you SA accent not even sure i will understand you but we'll manage. if you're too busy or not in the mood: please enjoy you very unordinary christmas, don't be too sad and have a great reunion with you family.

*hugs & smooches*