Can I twist?

| | Comments (12) | TrackBacks (0)
WhadoyouMEAN: "YES!"?

The question was NOT whether I, Red, am twistED. It was whether or not I can create a plot... oh, never mind.

I will say this though, if you're referring to twisting of the dancing kind, the answer is a resounding no.

Okay, so what on earth am I on about now? My story! The one I had told you about over here. It's over there! With a good few more awkwardly placed commas in it than when I had written it, mind, but it's there. (A gross overuse of PARENTHESES is my thing. I'm not that fond of the comma, I assure you.)

What is also there (and even more cringe-worthy than odd punctuation and spelling/grammar errors) is my real name. Which does NOT, I assure you, rhyme with Bagel. Just say "Rah", and then make a sound as if you're about to cough up a hairball... No, never mind. Do not even attempt to pronounce it. You could forever scar the back of your throats with the guttural sound it requires.

Also contained on that site is a most unfortunate photograph of my mug. I really should have spared you all and submitted this mugshot instead...

P.S. My story concludes on Friday and then you'll be able to vote for (or against!) me. Fellow Twister, the lovely Cooksister, has kindly cleared up some confusion about the voting process. Voters can vote only once, but that is PER AUTHOR. So you can actually vote six times. You can vote that you liked all of us, or that you hated all of us. Or that you liked only half of us, or... okay, okay, you get the idea!

0 TrackBacks

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Can I twist?.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://www.redsaid.net/mt-tb.cgi/130

SilverSabre said:

Hey Red :)

I was wondering what that comma was doing in the middle of a congruent sentence lol.

But hey its up, it still is readable, and the story as a whole is really good so far.

Good luck :) I will be voting for u :)
SS

kyknoord said:

Plot is overrated. Circumstance is far more interesting.

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Hey Ho Silver! Trust a fellow neuroti... I mean... perfectionist Virgo to notice... :-) And thanks for the vote! Loyalty like yours can't even be bought. (But just in case, that large amount of zeros we've discussed will be paid ASAP!)

Kyk! Long time no see! (Well, I see you over at your blog quite frequently.) Welcome back!

Blame my lack of coffee this early in the day, but sorry, dude, you are clearly a bit far north of me today... say what again? (Don't go deep on me before noon!)

My collection of how-to books on writing are all about plotting and scheming though. And it's nigh impossible to create a plot twist without an actual plot, no?

Deeleea Author Profile Page said:

Ever so Proud!

Well I've posted telling people to go vote for you.. but you know.. who knows if that'll actually generate any more traffic.

gonna get to it during my lunch-break. i'm sure it's great...

PS: and i think you should finish the nanny-saga

also, your rss feeder doesn't seem to be working, which is why i never realize when you updated... :(

Jeanne said:

Aww, sweet! Nice one :)

hey well done... I think you're story is the best so far... despite the dodgy commafication.

I have voted!

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Dee: Since you are largely responsible for me even HAVING a blog, I am the one who should be ever indebted to you. (Gosh, this sounds like an acceptance speech of sorts. I just said that so that people would know who to blame for having the likes of me unleashed on the web!)

Py: Well, you COULD always work a gratuitous link to redsaid into one of your many how-to-play-with-your-shiny-new-iPhone posts! ;-) Thank you, darlin'! I did see that. Once. Because I've been unable to access wetwired for the past week. I tried telling you on chat, but as always, you paid me no attention! :-) What was up with that, though?

Jeanne: Thank you, darling Cooksister! It means so much coming from you! You should know though: by the time I wrote that ending, I was feeling neither sweet nor particularly nice. My assigned 'real life element' nearly did my head in. (Doesn't take much, though, but still...)

Aunty: Awww, get out! Since you were probably still inebriated from the post-grad ball when you left this here comment (why else would you agree to go CAMPING?), I'm going to take it with a pinch of salt. And a bottle of tequila. Oh, wait... you're Irish. You don't GET drunk! :-) Thanks, lass...

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Kim: I didn't forget you. But because you said those dreaded two words (No, not 'lunch break' - those happen to be two of my favourite words ever! Well, maybe just after 'Starbucks Coffee' and 'Yellow Lab'): NANNY SAGA, I was going to simply ignore you. :-) However, I adore you too much to possibly ignore you!

Terra said:

I've read your story and it's cool!! You've got my vote as well

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Terra: What, you actually READ it? You honestly needn't have done that!

Seriously though, thank you! And thanks for the vote! (I seriously feel like Obama. Only, not as good-looking, charming, eloquent, clever...) Anyway, your vote brings my tally up to about 3, I think.

And that includes the one from my mom!