Re(d)solutions 2009

| | Comments (8) | TrackBacks (0)
1.) In 2009, I resolve to remain just as slothful as I was last year and during all the preceding years of my life.

2.) I'm going to comfort eat. This means I'll simply HAVE to eat everything and anything in sight when I'm bored/stressed/depressed/angry/happy. I'm elated to report that, on this 21st day of the year, I'm already wildly successful at these first two resolutions.

3.) I shall continue to proudly live up to my title as The World's Laziest Blogger, and watch as my largely ignored blog continue to languish away in obscurity on the world wide cobweb (this dark, damp, forgotten part of the Internet where insignificant websites come to die without ever being hit on - kind of like some blogger I know, actually!).

4.) This year, I'll continue to procrastinate even the act of procrastination itself. I mean, why do something later if you can do it even LATER than that?

5.) I absolutely will NOT write a book this year. I'll just continue to talk about how I'd love to write one. Because I've heard that talk is cheap, so that is clearly the way to go during these trying economic times.

6.) I still refuse to get a boyfriend. As my mom always says: If we'd wanted trouble, we'd have bought a secondhand Alpha Romeo with an oil leak.

7.) Even though talk is cheap, I won't learn to parle l'Français. It's far easier to continue to speak about how badly I want to learn it than to do all that actual memorising, ne pas?

I have a feeling that I'm going to stick to these!

0 TrackBacks

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Re(d)solutions 2009.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://www.redsaid.net/mt-tb.cgi/151

TerraShield said:

Lol! Red, you do make me laugh. Good luck in keeping up with them! :)

I like it!

I generally don't make resolutions, but this year I keep saying I'll finish the fucking thesis... however seeing your resolution makes me think I should talk about finishing the fucking thesis without actually finishing the fucking thesis.

Oh have you read Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure - I highly recommend it... it's really a cautionary tale about how talking about writing a book can lead to a whole lot of trouble... and expense - talk is not always cheap.

kyknoord said:

Oh Red, you're an absolute inspiration. I really wish I had your get-up-and-go. I'm way too lazy to make resolutions.

Po said:

So then, one month in, how are those resolutions coming along?

Nafisa said:

Hey Red. I forgot about your website, I've been neglecting my google reader too. I've linked you on my "links" page ;)

Lol @ refusing to get a boyfriend??

Nafisa said:

Also - why dont you sign up with Adgator - and make money? www.adgator.co.za :) First of its kind in SA to do so.

I'm making some decent cash with it on my food24 blog.

misslisa said:

see, here I am :) ... delurked I guess!

Catz said:

Aha, Red - the Catz is snooping in your site!!