Scared

| | Comments (14) | TrackBacks (0)
Sometimes life gets so tough that I am scared to write about it, as if the mere act of writing it down will somehow make the awful thing going on more real and concrete than it already is.

Remember how I told you that my mom and aunt had both ended up in hospital with double pneumonia? Well, my mom was released some time ago already. In fact, my aunt was only admitted to the hospital after my mom had been released.

Then, this past weekend, while my aunt was still in the hospital, she suffered a debilitating stroke. She is still in ICU and we are very scared.

And that's it. I don't know what else to say. I didn't want to blog about it - not just because writing would somehow make it more true - but something like this is simply too shocking and devastating to use as blog fodder. However, I'm writing because I need even the few of you who still bother to read this to please please think about her? Is that a ridiculous thing to ask of people? To offer their well wishes and/or prayers to a complete stranger? Perhaps, but right now I feel so helpless and terrified I'll do anything to help her get well again.

0 TrackBacks

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Scared.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://www.redsaid.net/mt-tb.cgi/176

Po said:

So SO sorry to hear about that Redsaid. I am thinking of your aunt and your family.

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Po: Thank you so much. You're a total sweetheart. I appreciate the thoughts. x

Annika said:

Oh, sweetie. That is so scary! I will be thinking of you and of your aunt.

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Annika: Thank you, doll! I've been thinking about you a lot lately. So glad I got to meet you in person. I remember that day so vividly. The Starbucks and then wandering through that mall and finding that great antiques store. Don't move to upstate NY! CA is lovely. A lot like being in SA (weather, vegetation, etc.) except without the animals. Thanks for the thoughts. Need it. Appreciate it. Take care of that belly and send my love to your two redheads.

Catz said:

I've just said a prayer for your aunt. When something like that happens to a loved one, it is devastating and one feels so helpless. I'm thinking of you.

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Catz: You sweet girl. Thank you! It means a lot coming from you, because I know you've been down this road with your own family. xx

Marco said:

Thinking of you my friend. I know you feel helpless but focus on what you can do for her rather than what you can't. It's not ridiculous to ask for prayers or well wishes. You, your aunt and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
x

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Marco: Thank you very very much. I appreciate it so much!

I know how it is. Sending good thoughts in your direction.

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Aunty: I know you know, luv. Thank you so very much. x

Very sorry to hear that - it has been a week of bad news- we just got back from Mississippi - Jenn's mom died.

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Py: I know. I saw on Facebook. It's so so so awful. I sent her messages and she has responded to me. But again, to you, I'm so sorry as well. I told Jenn... it's an enormous - so enormous it's unfathomable - loss. In her message to me earlier today, she said that she was so grateful that you are there for her now that you guys are home again. You are both in my thoughts as well. Oh, by the way, I read her mom's obituary. Tell Jenn she did a beautiful job. It was a really great tribute to her mom - even though it was undoubtedly the hardest thing that she's ever had to write.

red, i will be thinking of your aunt and the whole family. sending all the positive vibes i have your way! xoxoxo

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Kim: Danke schön, Süße! You're so kind and again, I know you know what it's like to go through the absolute worst loss. xx