Upbeat Update

| | Comments (9) | TrackBacks (0)
She's off the ventilator!!! And she's RESPONSIVE! And moving her legs!!! Still in ICU, because they can't get her blood pressure down, but as my mom says, it's a total miracle. The road to recovery will still be a long one, no doubt, but at least, nine days later, she is already so much better than anyone had expected her to be.

Thank you very very much for the sweet comments, the good vibes, the private messages, the thoughts and prayers. It clearly worked! And also, wow, who knew that this blog actually has a full SEVEN SUCKER... I mean... readers!!

0 TrackBacks

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Upbeat Update.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://www.redsaid.net/mt-tb.cgi/177

Marco said:

Well, I'll be the first...stalker...I mean sucker...I mean reader to comment. Glad to hear the good news!

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Marco: You're my ONLY stalker. And only a pretend one at that! Thank you again for the good wishes and good thoughts. It clearly helped! We're extremely relieved.

delighted to hear the news... keeping my fingers crossed - metaphorically of course because typing would be awfully difficult!

Powder said:

Make that eight whatever's...
Glad things took a turn for the better.

Marco said:

I need to work on my skills... ;-)

Keep us posted though. Honestly glad to hear things are taking a turn for the better. Hope she goes from strength to strength.

Looked at your pic again today, and thought, wow, so hard to imagine that face ever being worried or sad :-)

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Aunty: Thank you for the metaphorical finger-crossing, Miss Universe! I hope the typing of your thesis is also coming along swimmingly!

POWDER (PUFF)!! OH MY WORD! I can't believe that you still(?) bother to read this. (Well, you and the seven others.) To think that a year ago, YOU were the one in hospital, giving the rest of us gray hair!!!! How on earth ARE you, Mister?!? I'll e-mail you promptly, now that I have your address again. Even though I take it that you'll be as responsive as you were when I wrote so incessantly on your fan site a year ago! Okay, so in your feeble defense, you WERE practically dead and in a coma (just the way I like my male first world passport holders to be!), but still... Thank you so much for commenting here. You totally made my week!

Marco: Yes, look, not to complain, but you truly are a lousy pretend stalker. (Not that I've had any experience with real ones!) For one, it would help if you were actually in closer proximity. So that you can leave me lavish gifts outside my gate, etc. (Well, since this is SA, it will probably be stolen. But still, it's the thought that counts and all.) A real stalker would probably not admit to actually subjecting himself to the torture of looking at a blurry photograph of my mug. (Which reminds me, need to delete that and put up the gorgeous puppy face instead.) He will just quietly take my unfortunate photograph, copy it and plaster it all over his walls in order to turn his house into a hideous shrine. Yes, I realise, that is way too labour intensive. So never mind then.

Marco said:

I love ya too oh Red One ;-)

make that nine suckers - I'm here, lurking away thinking good thoughts but not commenting...

oh wait. I AM commenting, aren't I?

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

MARTHA! I can't believe it!!! It's so so good to hear from you! HOW IS THE BABY? And the Missus? And NYC? WHY AREN'T YOU UPDATING YOUR BLOG?!? (Yes, I know... look who's talking!) Thank you for delurking! It's so so so good to hear from another 'old skool blogger' who has been a sucker... I mean... reader since the very beginning.

Marco: Yeah, right. You're still a lousy pretend stalker.