Hilarious Headline: The Writer Must've Been On Deadline

I saw this while I was dead tired, and - make no bones about it - I just about killed myself laughing. (And now I'll stop with the lame puns.) Thank you, News24, for making me giggle for a change.

Funny Headline.JPG

0 TrackBacks

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Hilarious Headline: The Writer Must've Been On Deadline.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://www.redsaid.net/mt-tb.cgi/185

Po said:

That is just too classic.

kyknoord said:

*snort* For the record: you can never have too many lame puns.

I love this! Found you through Twitter... will definitely be back, especially if I can expect to read more with such a twisted sense of humour. ;)

ND

Marco said:

Pretty dead end job, if you ask me

TimT said:

I wonder if there's any skullduggery amongst the staff?

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

TimT: Only among those working the graveyard shift!

Marco: Nyar har! Don't be so morbid!

India: A new sucke... I mean... reader!!! WELCOME! What? Twisted humour? No humour to be seen here I'm afraid (not even American humor). Not twisted or otherwise. We're as serious as DEATH Itself. (LOVE your name, by the way! And as you've subsequently discovered, I have found you on Twitter and promptly followed you. This way, I can guaranteeeee that you'll NEVER get away, bwhahahahahahahahaaaa!)

Kyk: In that case, I've heard that two of the skeletons have subsequently quit the crematorium crew and are now pursuing modelling careers. *LAMEST!*

Po: I know, right? This type of reference to death on News24 is like a total breath of fresh air.

disabilitysolutions@gmail.com Author Profile Page said:

Dead funny if you ask me. (rib tickling?)

The Crematorium is in the dead centre of Gauteng.

I suppose that people could get quite heated about this news...

Still, you only get the bare bones of the story...

I wonder if part of the reasons for the strike is the need to have smoke breaks?

All these poor jokes are making me quite ashen...

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Mr. Dissol!!!!!!!! Fancy meeting YOU here! I think you're the only sucker... I mean... myDLer who dared to click on that link! :-)

By the way, and I ain't just blowing smoke when I say this, but you totally slay me! Even the skeleton crew will be cracking up.

I had to comment, as you deal with some burning issues here!!

I work at a newspaper and write headlines for a living. And I can tell you that we copy editors live for stories like this one.

Redsaid Author Profile Page said:

Dissol: The issues are positively smoking, yes! Nyar har!

alonewithcats: You live for stories like this... while the poor deceased in the crematorium had to die for it! Seriously though, much respect to you, Ms. Copy Editor! For my current job I have to write my own headlines, and it is far more difficult than I ever imagined it would be! I am such an amateur, I ALWAYS go for the lame puns.